BUSINESS CODE OF PRACTICE AND POLICIES (All Members)
Free Code of Practice written by installers for installers.
- Achievable work guide for business standards and installation methods.
- Generic Health and Safety and Customer Care policies for duty of care obligations.
MESF TECHNICIAN COURSES, QUALIFICATIONS AND ACCREDITATION (All Members)
Free MESF Self Study courses, qualifications and employee accreditation.
- Written by industry experts to national standards.
- Professional recognition for technician knowledge and skills.
MESF APPROVED ‘TICK’ LOGO (Approved Members only)
Free Distinctive logo.
- Display on premises, vehicles, paperwork and marketing material.
WEB SITE LISTING (Approved Members only)
Free MESF Approved Specialist listing.
- Prominent on the Home page of the MESF website in the ‘Find a Member’ area.
- The web site attracts visitors every day – be sure they can get to you.
INSTALLATION /WARRANTY CERTIFICATES (Approved Members only)
Confirm compliance with MESF Code of Practice.
- Accepted by vehicle insurers.
- DVSA requirement for their IVA security compliance
- Can be used for any installation.
LANDLINE/MOBILE PHONE NUMBER (All Members)
Landline on your mobile phone
- Remove the ‘07’ obstacle to getting more business enquiries and reduce your mobile call charges.
- Boost your professional image.
- Save the cost of landline rental. Use your existing landline number if you want.
FUEL CARD (All Members)
Member money saving fuel card
- Accepted at most fuel stations.
- Saves up to 5p per litre on petrol and diesel.
BUSINESS INSURANCES (All Members)
Money saving Installation industry specific business insurance
- Public and products liability.
- Comprehensive road risks.
- Other business insurances to suit mobile electronics installers.
LEGAL ADVICE, TAX ADVICE and COUNSELLING HELPLINE (All Members)
Free service for MESF members
- Legal advice available 24/7 in England and Wales. Other UK countries available from 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday, excluding public and bank holidays. Members calling outside of these times will get a call-back.
- Personal and Commercial Tax advice on self-assessment, income and corporation tax, tax credits, stamp duty, capital gains and inheritance tax and many other taxation issues.
- Advice about VAT and PAYE compliance is also available.
- Counselling helpline for members and their staff; with a confidential counselling service over the phone.
Experienced counsellors are available to discuss any issue and offer completely confidential support and advice at any time to cope with stress, anxiety, relationships breakdown and bereavement.
Advice on relevant professional or voluntary bodies which offer practical help and support.
This service does not provide face to face counselling sessions.
ON-LINE BUSINESS LEGAL DOCUMENT SERVICE (Approved Members only)
Free service for MESF members
- Documents and letters created by top solicitors and barristers are constantly reviewed and updated as the law changes. Highest quality and legally sound.
These on-line documents ask you a series of easy-to-answer questions that
tailor the required clauses to create a document suitable for your circumstances.
- Debts and debt recovery – Debt, bankruptcy and liquidation. Debt recovery. Guarantees and assignments.
- Business start-up - Business start-up agreements.
Protecting your ideas. Terms and Conditions.
- Ecommerce – Terms and Conditions.
- Employment – Employment Procedures. Employment Contracts.
Discipline and dismissal. Sickness and absence.
- Health and Safety – H&S Compliance review. Fire risk review and assessment.
- Intellectual property – Protecting your ideas. Copyright and trademarks.
- Purchase and sales agreement – Sales agreements, agreeing to buy and sell.
Assigning and terminating a contract and Terms and Conditions.
- Business Legal health check – Online questionnaire that will provide an output as to the health of the business, to include Employment claims and tribunals.
Financial claims from customers.
Poor cash flow and bad debt and shareholder disputes.
Competitive cost service for MESF members
- Specialised legal documents – e.g. Starting court proceedings.
Extremely competitive service compared to the cost of a directly engaged solicitor.
PERSONAL INSURANCES (All Members)
Low cost personal insurances arranged for MESF members
- Medical Care Plan provides private health cover.
Choose the hospital, the specialist and the time which suit you best.
- Dental Plan provides cover for routine examinations, hygiene, x-rays and remedial and restorative treatment with a private dentist
- Hospital Sickness and Injury Money Plan provides tax free cash should you need to stay in hospital overnight.
- Income Protection Plus Plan ensures that, in the event of loss of earnings because of serious illness or accident, you will still have income.
- Travel Plan provides medical expenses cover up to £10 million for overseas travel.
- Personal Accident Plan provides up to £150,000 cover, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Vehicle breakdown and recovery gives full cover, at a low cost, for home-starts, roadside assistance and recovery following an accident or breakdown